Top 5 K-beauty promising ingredients to achieve that glass skin!
We all have heard of the trending, hyped up K-beauty that is still currently circulating around the world and on social media. BUT, why do most Koreans have such great skin and why are they pioneers in glass skin?
If you didn’t know, skincare is considered a part of taking care of your hygiene and everyone takes care of their skin at a very young age. Yes, both MEN and women! It is a way of life and just therapeutic self-care for your well-being and your skin! So, this is why Koreans take their skincare very seriously as a part of their lifestyle instead of problem solving for the skin.
"Prevention better than cure"
Now, let’s talk about the most hyped up K-beauty skincare ingredients and why they’re so popular.
1. Snail Mucin 🐌
- If you didn’t know, snail mucin is literally the excretion from snails. (largely known as snail secretion filtrate, or SSF). YES, it might sound very intimidating but is actually a very trusted ingredient to deliver very noticeable results like moisturising and soothing the skin while stimulating collagen production for a younger-looking skin.
2. Propolis 🐝
- Propolis is a combination of beeswax and tree sap made by bees to fill in honeycomb crevices for protection. We all love honey for its skin benefits and for its sweet, deliciousness but, propolis deserves its own spotlight too because it does so much for the skin as well! It has great anti-inflammatory properties which soothes and protects the skin against free radicals and UV-induced collagen breakdown. It also moisturises the skin while preventing production of excess oil. Suitable for ALL SKIN TYPES.
3. Centella Asiatica 🍀
- We ALL know what this is but its nickname is actually “Cica”. This ingredient has been used for centuries to treat wounds and burns, but is now being incorporated into skincare. It soothes and heals the skin from irritations while treating any acne and sensitisation of the skin. Not to mention, Cica helps with hydrating and brightening the skin as well, so it’s an ingredient suitable for all skin types. Everyone can benefit from incorporating Cica into their skincare routine as it pairs well with other skincare ingredients that won’t cause any reactions to the skin.
4. Fermented Rice Water 🍚
- Similar to Cica, rice has been traditionally used for making the skin bright and healthy for a long time. It has multi-tasking benefits like soothing, hydrating and brightening properties but its main benefit that people always look for is its anti-aging effectiveness! However, fermentation of rice water actually helps to enhance the effectiveness of skin benefits for the skin, which is why everyone loves SK-II Facial Treatment Essence.
5. Birch Sap 🌲
- Probably the most unexpected skincare ingredient that is extracted from birch trees, Birch Sap (aka as BirchJuice or Birch Water). It contains lots of antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes and minerals that are great for the skin! It is extremely moisturising and hydrating for the skin and it’s said that it is comparable or even better than Hyaluronic Acid. It helps with brightening, hydrating, moisturising and soothing the skin.
Add at least 2 of these ingredients into your skincare routine to kickstart the journey to glass skin.
After all that explanation, we can definitely understand why K-beauty is so popular. It’s because of the versatility and multi-benefits of the skincare ingredients that K-beauty has introduced to the world! All of the ingredients we’ve mentioned are suitable for all skin types and it does wonders for the skin.